Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rah Rah Ravelry


Well in addition to my Facebook addiction, I am also addicted to Ravelry, an online forum for knitters and crocheters. I have recently entered the world of "swaps"  I am a member of several on-line groups. One of them is the Big Bang Theory group made up of fans of the T.V. sitcom. We just has a swap that was show related. One item had to be homemade so I made these home made stitch markers for my recipient to represent rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock



I am now involved in three other swaps. The starbucks and yarn swap, the flat rate box swap and the Harry Potter summer camp swap.

As for Harry Potter, my camp name is Celestina Pettigrew, which I love, I am in the Billywigs cabin and I am TOTALLY lost.  But I do believe once I get the hang of things it is going to be awesome. I loved the books and actually bought them through Amazon, UK because I wanted the British version of the books. I liked that Harry went on summer holiday instead of summer vacation.  My favorite character is Professor Lupine, mainly because I really liked the actor who played him  Well stay posted as I muddle my way through all these swaps and what is sure to be a very fun summer.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the COOLEST stitch markers Celestina! My hubby likes to watch that show and so I know the rock-paper-scisssors-lizard-spock game! :-)

    Please please please feel free always to email me, RavPM me, ask questions on the blog, ask on the Rav topic... I love being able to help out newbies to the Hogwarts Swap! The first week is hard with so much information being thrown at you, but I promise all the befuddlement will clear up soon!

    Also, my Muggle home is in the San Fernando Valley... we should get together one weekend with Winnie and Prendolyn the Weird. Fiera Firenze of the Phoenix cabin is coming down on 7/12. ???
    :-) I'll be around today if you want to chat.
    Bevin Rae

    ReplyDelete